A wonderful vintage radio / amplifier. It is a Philips tube radio type B5X22A. With the din plugin on the rear, the radio can also be used as a tube amplifier. With a din to jack adapter (not included), you could even use it as a guitar tube amplifier. Radio is in a very good condition looks good, few signs of use but works well. An external antenna is required for better reception. There is a small scratch on the left side of the wooden case (see picture)
Various inputs are available at the rear. This is a nice amplifier for at home or for decoration purposes.
Gives a nice vintage sound and is really special!
- Model type: B5X22A
- Valve / tubes : ECC85; ECH81; EF85; EABC80; EM84; EL84; EZ80
- Wave bands : Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF
- Volume and 2x tone (bass and treble)
- 1x vintage Philips speaker
- 4 push buttons to change the timbre (sound)
- Output for additional speaker (5 Ohm)
- Input for external antenna
- Input for pickup
- Connect the radio part (for better reception, external antenna)
- Wood Casing
- Power type and voltage : Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-220 Volt *
- Dimensions: 500 x 310 x 220 mm / 19.7 x 12.2 x 8.7 inch
- Year: 1962
- Manufactured in: Belgium (Philips Leuven)
Condition: The radio is in great cosmetic and working condition for it’s age. The wooden case is very shiny and all the buttons are in working condition. A small scratch on the left-hand side of the wooden case (see picture) Please note, only some basic testing has been done. Radio has been tested for reception and sounds great.
* radio is currently set to 220v and comes with an EU-power cord