A unique limited edition resin painted chess set of the fairy tale characters “The people of Laaf”. A beautiful set for display or just to play with.
The People of Laaf is an attraction in the amusement park Efteling in the Netherlands. It was designed by Ton van de Ven and opened its doors in 1990. It is a small village, called “Lavelaer”, inhabited by the so-called “Laafs” (“Laven” in Dutch). The visitors can walk through the village and enter the houses, among which a bakery, a brewery, a windmill and a nursery and watch the Laafs do their normal daily activities.
- Chess game, pieces + board with original box
- Chess pieces in the form of the People of Laaf (Efteling)
- Material: Painted resin plastic
- Dimensions of the pieces: h= approx. 76 mm (smallest piece) / h= approx. 96 mm (largest piece)
- Dimensions of the chessboard: approx. 380×380 mm
- All 32 chess pieces are present
Brand: Laaf Products B.V. (Efteling)
Material : Painted resin plastic
Made in: Netherlands
Production date : 2001
Condition: Pre-owned, The chess pieces and chess board are in overall excellent condition, except for two “Tower” pieces, they have edges broken of there helmets. (see pictures)